Meet Samantha Lynn...
A little about me…
My passion for photography started with my Mom. She always had her camera with her and was forever snapping our photos. As a kid, I hated it! But as I grew older, I came to realize that she had captured priceless memories for me that I am now able to share with my own family.
I have always taken photos as I grew up, but it wasn't until 2008 that I very tentatively started taking photos for other people, thanks to a close friend that gave me a gentle push into the photography world. Over the years, I have learned from my mistakes, but more importantly have studied my craft in detail and have had the most incredible mentors (Mark Willis and Lanny & Erika Mann).
I have the most incredible family who support me through the chaotic wedding season year after year and late night editing into the wee hours of the morning. My amazing husband helps to bring my crazy ideas to life and lives with all my camera gear spread throughout the house (and garage haha).
Some fun facts about me...
- I am also a Licensed Practical Nurse and work in our local health care centre
- I grew up figure skating and volunteer at our local rink to teach a learn to skate program
- My family are dragracers and can be found racing in Gimli or Rivers most weekends from May to October
- I LOVE the color black
- I also LOVE dogs and share my home with a Saint Bernard
- Arizona is like a second home to me and we try to visit it each year
- I have several places on my bucket list - Iceland, Greece, Kenya, Bora Bora, Alaska & New Orleans